I realized that a lot of the readers on my blog don’t know me personally, so I’ve decided to do the 50 Questions to Get to Know Me tag so all of you can learn a wee bit more about me! If you happen to like these types of blog posts, please let me know and I will happily do more of these.
Without further delay, here are the 50 questions:
- What is your name?
Roselyn Romero, but I usually tell people that my name is “Rose” because it’s easier to pronounce.
- What does your name mean?
It doesn’t really have a meaning – my parents named me “Roselyn” because my mom’s nickname as a little girl was “Rose,” and they thought that adding “Lyn” to it would sound nice.
- Where are you from?
I am from Oxnard, California, but both of my parents are from the Philippines.
- Where do you live?
I was born and raised in Oxnard.
- What do you do for a living?
As of right now, I am a high school student and a server at Panda Express.
- What is your favorite color?
White! It may be considered “plain,” but it’s always a classic.
- What is your star sign?
Aries (even though I don’t believe in horoscopes).
- What is your favorite music genre?
I mainly listen to rap, but I also love pop and R&B.
- Who is your favorite musician?
This is a tough one! I’d have to say it’s a tie between Calvin Harris and Drake.
- Favorite food?
- Favorite drink?
Other than water, I love horchata!
- Favorite snack?
Hands down, the chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream from Ben & Jerry’s.
- Favorite holiday?
- Favorite past time?
Blogging (of course).
- Favorite sport?
To participate in? None. To watch? Track & Field.
- What is something you are talented at?
I’d like to say that words are my greatest skill.
- What is something you wish you were talented at?
Anything STEM-related. I would love to be interested in biology or physics, but it’s just never happening.
- Are you competitive?
- Describe yourself in a single sentence?
“This girl is on fire.”
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
Someone once told me that I was making a difference in the world, which was – in my opinion – the best compliment I’ve ever received.
- What are some of your bad habits?
I procrastinate so much!
- What are your favorite things about yourself?
I’m very creative, and I naturally take initiative.
- What is on top of your bucket list?
Definitely to go to Paris, France one day!
- What are 3 long term goals?
Become a news reporter, earn an outstanding GPA in high school and college, and study abroad while in college.
- What are 3 short term goals?
Finish all my AP homework before August 15th, research at least 10 scholarships that I want to apply to, and drink more water.
- What are you doing today to help you achieve those goals?
Working proactively on my tasks and doing a little bit of each one every day.
- What is your biggest accomplishment?
Winning 3rd place at a journalism competition I competed in at UCSB!
- What is an ideal first date for you?
Picnic at the beach.
- What is something you look for in a partner?
I’m not currently looking for a partner because I already have one! But I do look for a good sense of humor, motivation to succeed in life, a positive mindset, and a nice smile.
- Who is your role model?
Both Liberté Chan and Michelle Obama!
- Which of your parents are you more like?
I’d say that I relate to my dad the most.
- Which of your parents are you closest to?
I’m closer to my dad.
- What is the last book you read?
You Got Into Where? by Joi Wade. It’s amazing!
- What is your favorite fairytale?
I loved Sleeping Beauty as a young girl, and I still do!
- What is your favorite quote?
“If you seek to change anything but your own disposition, you will only multiply the graves you seek to resolve.”
- Favorite subject in school?
English, of course!
- Subject you were best at?
Spanish – I have no clue why, but foreign languages come super easily to me.
- Favorite teacher?
My 7th-8th grade English teacher! He was absolutely phenomenal.
- Do you have a best friend? If so, then who?
I have multiple best friends – I can never pinpoint only one person.
- Who has left the most impact on your life?
- What app do you use most?
Twitter! (Follow me if you haven’t done so already: @roselyn_romero)
- What piece of technology can you not live without?
My cell phone, obviously!
- What countries have you visited?
Only USA and Philippines. I hope to visit many more in the future.
- What countries would you like to visit?
France, Greece, Spain, Italy, Germany, Canada, Mexico, and India!
- Favorite place in the world?
Disneyland! I’ll always be a little kid at heart.
- Best memory you have?
Being installed as Lieutenant Governor in Key Club.
- Most embarrassing memory?
Having my tutu fall down during one of my ballet performances as a little girl.
- How many relationships have you been in?
Official relationships? 3 (including the one I am in right now).
- If you could give your younger self any advice, what would it be?
Work harder, even if you think you’re working hard right now.
- One thing you know now that you wish you had known as a kid?
It’s a competitive world out there, and the only way you’re going to succeed is to be just as competitive as – if not, more than – everybody else.
There you have it – 50 facts you may/may not have already known about me! Since this is a tag, I tag all of you reading this to answer the same questions I did! Let’s all learn more about each other through this tag.
I hope this was fun and different for you all, and I will catch you in my next blog post! ♡