NBC Bay Area – Oakland, CA | June 2022 — Present
Investigative Unit Intern
- Leverage data and information from public records, court documents and printed databases to craft investigative multimedia stories for a broadcast television audience of more than 2.6 million viewers.
- Collaborate with reporters, photographers, and multiplatform content producers to develop graphics, maps and other interactive media for digital stories.
- Generate Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets to catalog information and analyze data trends for long-term investigative projects.
The Associated Press – San Luis Obispo, CA | June 2021 — Aug. 2021
Global Investigations Intern
- Featured on AP, The Washington Post, HuffPost, KNX Radio and other international, national and local media outlets for enterprise reporting on why fraudulent COVID-19 vaccination cards are worrying college officials.
- Generated and utilized Excel spreadsheets to record facts, track sources and analyze data for investigations.
- Coordinated, executed and transcribed interviews with federal agency staff, attorneys, academics and public health officers to gather information for statewide and nationwide stories.
- Examined court documents, online databases and federal agency records daily to fuel investigations.
- Produced 3-4 graphics to tease projects on Instagram stories and posts for more than 630,000 followers.
KSBY-TV News – San Luis Obispo, CA | July 2019 — July 2021
Senior News Producer
- Organized, wrote and boothed live 30-minute newscasts at 6, 10 and 11 p.m. on weekends.
- Wrote and proofread 3-4 global, national and local stories for the website, boosting page views by 150%.
- Collaborated with news director, assignment editor, photographers, on-air talent and other producers to ensure thorough coverage on air, online and on social media.
- Coordinated and executed live shots, satellite feeds and remotes while on air and during breaking newscasts.
Mustang Media Group – Cal Poly San Luis Obispo | Sept. 2019 – Dec. 2019
Assistant News Editor
- Assigned and edited 4-5 stories weekly for students in the Advanced Newspaper Reporting Practicum course.
- Pitched and reported on 1-2 stories affecting the Cal Poly and San Luis Obispo communities per week.
- Researched information and conducted interviews for 1-2 news stories weekly.
- Partnered with videographers, photographers and social media editors to comprehensively report stories.
California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo, CA | Sept. 2018 – June 2022
Bachelor of Science: Journalism
Minors: Spanish, Ethnic Studies, Women’s & Gender Studies
Cumulative GPA: 3.6
Dean’s List: 11 quarters
Activities: Political Affairs Coordinator of Pilipino Cultural Exchange, Student Research Assistant for Summer Undergraduate Research Program, Learning Assistant for University Honors Program, Communications Coordinator for WITH US Center for Bystander Intervention, News Contributor for KCPR
California Scholastic Press Association Workshop – San Luis Obispo, CA | July 8 – 20, 2018
- Acquired experience in podcast production, photojournalism, social media reporting and on-air reporting.
- Produced breaking news stories under tight deadlines in a high-intensity, competitive environment.
- Unanimously selected for Ralph & Millie Alexander Award (Overall Excellence).
- Languages: Speak, read and write conversational Spanish.
- Technology: Proficient in Adobe Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Velocity, ENPS, Trint and Excel.
- Social Media: Familiar with Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, SocialNewsDesk and Brightspot.
- Newsgathering: Adept in Associated Press newswire, CNN Newsource, NBC News Channel, Scripps Mastercat, TweetDeck, CHP Traffic Incident Information Page and PulsePoint.
- Best of the States Award, The Associated Press (2021)
- Recipient of Cellular One Journalism Scholarship (2021)
- Most Promising Freshman Award, Cal Poly San Luis Obispo Journalism Department (2019)
- 1st Place in News Writing, Tri-County Journalism Educators Association Write-off (2018)